Sunday 10 September 2017

Peanut Butter & Marshmallow Cookies



I was flicking through my favourite recipe books and I stumbled upon a recipe that incorporates 3 of the best things - peanut butter, marshmallows and cookies! Can it get any better?! Well, you could add chocolate which would make a pretty perfect cookie, but I just opted for the original recipe. I found this recipe in the 'Hummingbird Bakery, Life is Sweet' book. These cookies are soft and gooey and will last several days in an airtight container - trust me, they won't last very long! They're super easy to make with a simple list of ingredients. I halved the ingredients because we didn't need that many, but I'll share the full recipe so you can make as many as you like! These are the perfect Autumn cookie while you cosy up with a hot drink. Without further ado, here's how you can make them yourself...

Ingredients

  • 115g softened butter
  • 110g caster sugar
  • 100g soft light brown sugar
  • 1 large egg 
  • 125g peanut butter (I used smooth but you can also use crunchy)
  • 165g plain flour
  • 3/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 50g marshmallows chopped or mini marshmallows

Method

1. Preheat oven to 175 deg. C (350 deg. F), Gas Mark 4. If, like me, you have an Aga pop it on the middle shelf. Line 3 baking trays with baking paper/baking mat.

2. Cream the butter and sugars together using a hand-held electric whisk (or a Kitchen Aid if you're lucky enough to have one). Add the peanut butter and egg to the creamed mixture and beat until well combined. 

3. Sift in the dry ingredients and beat on a slower speed until everything is incorporated. Fold in the marshmallows.

4. Form the cookie dough into walnut sized balls (or whichever size you like your cookies) and place them on the baking tray, leaving enough space to allow the cookies to spread. 

5. Bake the cookies for 11-13 minutes (or 7-8 minutes in an Aga). Let them sit for a few minutes then place them on a wire rack. 

Enjoy! Let me know if you test them out!x




SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I love baking but have never thought about trying marshmallows in cookies!..great post by the way :)

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig