Monday 25 September 2017

Brand Spotlight - The Body Shop




This post marks the start of new series on my blog! I've been planning on this series for a looooong time and now I'm finally doing it. In 'Brand Spotlight' I'll pick a particular brand and discuss it, including products I like (or don't like). I'll do beauty brands, fashion brands, specific shops and anything that catches my attention - if you have any brands that you'd like me to talk about, give me a shout! 

So, for the first Brand Spotlight...it's The Body Shop!

I attended a blogger event with The Body Shop in Belfast (amazing team) and it really brought the brand to my attention. One of the things I really like about this brand is their 'Forever Against Animal Testing' campaign - in fact, The Body Shop were the first beauty brand to stand against animal testing. The brands ethos is inspiring, they "believe in something revolutionary; that business could be a force for good..." and they've always "done things differently, broken the mould, been bold, been brave." The Body Shop strive to "enrich, not exploit." They have an incredible range of products to suit all skin types. From their famous body butters to facial peels. 

I've been using The Body Shop Japanese Matcha Tea Pollution Clearing Mask and it's beautiful. This mask purifies and exfoliates your skin making it feel clean and fresh, cleansing off any pollution. The scent is fresh and almost earthy with the matcha green tea really coming though. It's easy to apply and gives a slight tingly sensation. My skin appears brighter, softer and plumper! I use this twice a week (if I remember...)

I've also been enjoying the Satsuma Shower Gel which is one of The Body Shop's best sellers. This is enriched with satsuma essence, giving an amazing rich orange scent - I kid you not, your whole house will smell of this stuff! As any shower gel should this keeps you feeling clean and fresh all day! 

As you can probably tell, I've become quite a fan of The Body Shop and will definitely be trying out more products! Do you like The Body Shop?


**Disclaimer: I was kindly gifted the face mask and shower gel by The Body Shop




SHARE:

5 comments

  1. I love this post! I adore the Body Shop soo much, a lot of my beauty products do come from the Body Shop. I definitely love the idea of the Brand Spotlight. I would love to see what stars in the future!

    Gemma | www.anoceanglimmer.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving ur blog Katie...thats me caught up to date! S x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. I'm really loving their satsuma scented products at the moment.

    http://ohduckydarling.com

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig