Monday 31 July 2017

July Favourites 



How has another month passed already?! It seems like no time since I did my last monthly favourites! I'm just back from a holiday in Nice so that's obviously on the top of my July favourites - side note, watch this space for some travel posts! I'm going to give you a quick roundup of some of the things I've been loving over the past month (or longer). 

So, first up...skincare! Garnier's 'Moisture Bomb' range is a firm favourite of mine. The Moisture Bomb night cream is a light gel-cream formula that injects moisture into your skin. This is an extremely refreshing moisturise and perfect for Summer! Another is the Hydrating Mist. It's basically a moisturising spray that you can use throughout the day to add hydration to your skin - this would be ideal for the warmer weather. You can spray this over makeup but I love to give my face a quick spray before I prime my face for makeup, which has proven to work really well! This is almost like a dry spray, it absorbs straight into your skin!

Moving onto makeup, I wanted to try out Rimmel's new Insta Duo Contour Stick (I got the shade 'Light') and with such an affordable price I didn't know how this would turn out...I was pleasantly surprised. I tend to apply this just on my cheekbones; use a small amount for a subtle warmth or build it up for a more obvious contour. This blends really nicely and doesn't look harsh in any way. You can either use a beauty blender or your regular foundation brush which I find works really well. I don't love the highlighter end but for the price, the contour is great! I have rekindled my love for my MAC Extra Dimension eyeshadow in 'Smoky Mauve'. This is a light, shimmery purple and is stunning all over the lid. This is beautiful all year round but I particularly like it for a summery makeup look. The formula is buttery and has great pigmentation. 

Another makeup favourite is a base combination; the Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation with the Lily Lolo Mineral Foundation. These are both light coverage but applied together build up to a medium coverage. Together these create such a beautiful finish without looking cakey in any way! I've been looking for a good highlighter for ages and I have finally found the perfect one. This Nude By Nature highlighter trio is stunning. My favourite is the middle shade but they're all so wearable. These give the right amount of glow without looking glittery. I also used these on my eyelids for a really simple look and I loved the result!

Continuing with the beauty theme, my go-to fragrance this season has been DKNY Golden Delicious. Describing scents is really not my strong point but this is a sweet, summery scent with floral and fruity notes. The packaging is also stunning, in the signature apple shape. My final beauty favourite is fake nails. I was never a fake nails wearer as I thought they could look OTT and sometimes tacky, however when I discovered these I was converted! I attended an event held by Kiss Cosmetics and I got to test out their nails, as well as bring some home. They have such a wide range of either glue-ons or tape-ons. I've been using the glue on nails and they literally last over a week without budging; the glue is so strong! They have nails in lots of pretty designs whether you want a simple nude or dramatic glitter. 

Last but not least, a fashion favourite. Buckets bags are a trend that I really like; a stylish bag that will still hold just about everything. I'd been on the hunt for a long time until I came across this fabulous Zara one...this was £20! What a bargain! It's in a lovely blue shade with an amazing silver lining. For me, this bag is the perfect size and it has drawstring closures to keep everything safe. With the standard handle, this also comes with a long shoulder strap.

I thought this would be a quick list but I guess I just like a lot of things! What have you been loving recently?



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig