Sunday 21 May 2017

Morphe Palette Review





Lots of beauty lovers jumped on the Morphe Palette bandwagon and I was no exception. I had a few palettes in my Cult Beauty wishlist for ages but they were always sold out. Once the one I wanted came back in stock, I had to grab it (yes, I had to). I was not disappointed... 

I got the Morphe 35OS palette, which is simply stunning. With 35 shades (insane!!!), it has the most amazing array of warm reds, coppers and golds. With an affordable price of £22 (Beauty Bay) or £23.50 (Cult Beauty), you can't really go wrong. This palette is versatile and wearable, creating a subtle - or more dramatic - shimmer. So, if you're into shimmery eye shadows, this is perfect for you! You can create a beautiful inner corner highlight. 

Before applying the eye shadow, use a primer/concealer/base to prevent creasing and make it last longer. I actually use the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in 'Creme de Nude' which acts as a lovely base and is really affordable! Ensure you use good brushes for an even better result. My favourite eye shadow brushes are Zoeva, but Morphe also do great ones. 

What I did find with this palette is that with the darker shades they had quite a bit of fall down and required a good bit of blending. However, there's nothing a good brush and concealer can't fix! To get rid of any fall down, a good tip is to use the pointy end of a beauty blender to lightly dust it off. Once everything is blended you'll have a stunning result. Unless, of course, you're useless at eye makeup, in which case maybe all you need is a little more practice... Unfortunately, the Morphe Palettes don't have mirrors but, for such a good price, I'm willing to overlook that!

Do you have a Morphe Palette? If so, which one and what are your thoughts? 









SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig