Friday 24 February 2017

Wanderlist


I am wanderlust. I want to experience different cultures and discover new cities. However, I have not yet won the lottery so, dreaming about travelling is going to have to do...or writing a blog post about it. I'm sharing a small list with just some of the places I want to go. I hope you enjoy and you may be left feeling very wanderlust too!

Amalfi Coast
With stunning views and scenes that are a bloggers dream, how could you not want to visit the Amalfi Coast?! I particularly want to go to Positano which is one of the Coast's most beautiful spots. Home to a pebble beach, pretty streets holding boutiques and cafes and amazing colours. Another destination to see is Sorrento, a beautiful town and Lonely Planet say it's "the gateway to the Amalfi Coast." The Coast takes pride in it's pottery and handmade sandals, which are apparently the things to splurge on. 


Amsterdam
From beautiful canals to pretty buildings, Amsterdam is the perfect city break. If, like me, you took interest in the story of Anne Frank then you can visit the Anne Frank House which is a popular destination (as long as you can bear the queues). Or, if you're feeling cultured, pop into the Rijksmuseum, which is "the Louvre of Amsterdam". Apparently, to really get a feel for the city and what the locals are like, you should visit Vondelpark, an urban, public park. If you want to pretend you're a local, rather than a confused tourist with a camera, hire a bike! 


Iceland
As someone who isn't overly keen on hot weather, Iceland is right up my street. It's the ideal spot to see the Northern Lights and some of the most amazing waterfalls including, the Skogafoss, Svartifoss and Gulfoss Waterfalls. You can take a swim in the Blue Lagoon, a geothermal spa, which I must say looks amazing! Other must sees are The Great Geysir, black sand beach and some incredible glaciers. 


Stockholm
I've never been to Sweden or anywhere in Scandinavia but it's definitely on my bucket list. Stockholm particularly appeals to me with it's colourful, pretty streets and coffee shops everywhere...Instagram dream! The Swedish use the word 'fika' to describe the feeling or action of being with friends having coffee, cake and chats - amazing! Some coffee shops that especially catch my eye are Drop Coffee, Fabrique and KaffeVerket. The subways in Stockholm are practically art galleries, with insane artwork covering the walls and ceilings. Stockholm is home to the Moderna Museet, a contemporary art museum and the Fotografiska, a contemporary photography museum. 


Do you want to hop on a plane yet? I hope you liked my list, is there anywhere that you want to visit?


*Photos are from Google Images.


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. So many people go to Amsterdam for a city break, don't they? I went once when I was in P7 so it would be nice to go back as an adult ❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely go to Amsterdam. We went a couple years ago and would go back in a heartbeat. It's a stunning city

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig