Wednesday 25 January 2017

Saving Your Winter Skin






The one thing that I hate about winter is how damaging the cold weather can be for your skin - not fun! When the colder months arrived my skin was just getting drier and putting makeup on was a nightmare. I knew I needed to change a few things - or add a few things - in my skincare routine. With the right products, your skin will be super soft in no time!

Cleansing your face is so important, not only to take off makeup but to soften the skin as well. I use the Clarins Cleansing Milk for normal or dry skin. This is really creamy while being gentle on your skin. I gently massage the cleanser into my face, then with a slightly dampened cotton pad remove the excess. To prevent your skin from breakouts or clogged up pores, removing your makeup with a good cleanser is essential!

In the past, toners were something I pretty much ignored as I didn't really see the point (just another step in my skincare routine). However, after research I discovered that they're a vital step. Toners help to close and tighten pores to protect skin from environmental impurities, it refreshes and washes the skin and it minimises "signs of redness and inflammation", along with other benefits. I've been enjoying the Pixi Glow Tonic, exfoliating toner, which clears and brightens my skin.

Moisturiser! Definitely one of the most important aspects of skincare. By changing my moisturiser I have seen the biggest difference, particularly when applying makeup. I recently started using the Garnier Skin Active Moisture Bomb and I would seriously recommend it! My 'T-Zone' would get the most dry but this has definitely fixed that. With a light pomegranate scent and creamy texture this is such a refreshing moisturiser...and also really affordable!

Enough with the facial skincare! To be honest, when it comes to body lotion I get a bit lazy but then my legs get dry and I want them to be really soft. So, to get rid of that dryness super quickly and hassle free, I use the Clarins Moisture-Rich Body Lotion. Wack this all over legs, arms or wherever you wish and job done! This also works very well as a hand cream...you know, when you're feeling too lazy to put hand cream on as well?!

Throughout the winter months, hands will nearly always be dry. To avoid this, I have two great products for you to try. Lush's Handy Gurugu which was specifically designed and created for very dry hands or as they like to put it "hard worked hands"...most definitely me! You can put this on whenever you need to and it soaks in very quickly, which is great because sticky hand-cream hands (great English) are never fun! Another one to try if you need to tackle specific areas, such as dry knuckles, is the Burt's Bees Hand Salve. This stuff is quite literally magic in a tin!

Sorted - super soft skin in no time! What are your favourite skincare products?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig