Sunday 1 January 2017

Hello 2017






Okay, 2016 kinda sucked - Brexit, Trump...I'm not even going to go into it because I'm sick of hearing about so you probably are too! However, I don't want to dwell on all of that because what's the point?! I'm so thankful that every day and every year bring a fresh start. In saying that, I'm so grateful for all of the good that came from 2016... 

I started a blog!!! I think this has been the most exciting and the best thing I've done in the past year, it allows me to carry out my passions for writing and photography in such a personal way. If you've thought about starting a blog, just do it!
I won against the biggest enemy in my life - Depression. It's been a weird year for me but I have overcome it, yes I still get my down days but that's normal! I took a leap of faith and shared my experience with the illness in a blog post here. 
I left school. This obviously wasn't the outcome I wanted but I didn't have a choice due to my depression, however it has been the best thing that could have happened! I'm learning to discover myself and I think that's one of the most important things in life. So, just a little reminder that things really do work out in the end. 
I finally turned 18...that felt like a long time coming but I had such lovely birthday celebrations!

My Tips for 2017:
  • Set yourself goals and targets
  • Try to be an optimist 
  • Stay focused
  • Discover yourself
  • Don't be so hard on yourself
  • Embrace new beginnings
Inspirational quotes to live by in 2017:

"Once she stopped rushing through life, she was amazed how much more life she had time for."

"If you don't like where you are, move - you are not a tree."

"Don't be in such a rush to figure everything out. Embrace the unknown and let life surprise you."

"Spend a little more time trying to make something of yourself and a little less time trying to impress people..." - The Breakfast Club

"Kindness is the noblest weapon to conquer with." - Thomas Fuller

But first... "Let's start by taking a smallish nap or two" - Winnie the Pooh


2017 WE'RE READY FOR YOU!



SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Very proud of you Katie. You are and will be an inspiration to many people. Keep trusting. xx

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig